3/01/2012

No One Is You-er Than You

We as humans signed-up for life.
We have a contract with the Universe that this is the life we wanted to live - yes, right here, right now - you are doing exactly what you were meant to do...

This journey / this adventure is a "learning" of life for whom?
For us, no one else - it's only going to "teach" us what we want out of it.
Everyone else has their own "learnings" to take out of it, and we can't go and learn things for other people...and then expect them to know it? No - they have to learn things themselves.

"If you love something, set it free - and if it comes back, it was meant to be." - unknown

I (personally) am experiencing this with my family. I have children...and am learning through the Universe that I can't change them, that they're not me, that they need to learn their own lessons, and that I have to let them go... for them to do this (learning); otherwise they become pretty useless depending entirely on me to make all of their decisions... thus really aren't 'whole' because they're living someone else's life / expectations... mine - and I 100% don't want that.

I've done what I could. I've taught them what I know. And now, they're on their road to life. I can only hope that my knowledge and sharing has equipped them with enough strenght to get through the hard times and that my love for them keeps them aware that asking for help isn't a sign of weakness but a sign of courage.

The Universe provided me the experience of having children and loving them unconditionally.
I chose this life because I wanted "these" children and we (together) wanted this experience.
This is "my" life. These are "my" lessons. This is "my" journey.
...just as for each of my children, they'll experience their individual "lessons" and their individual "journeys"... for each of their individual "lives".

I explain to them continuously that, yes there are times where I won't be treating them the "same".  There will be times where I said / did something to one and will completely do the opposite to another - and why? ...Because they're not the same.

Equality is important but more important is individuality.

If everyone was treated entirely equal - would we get the same results all the time? No. And why?
Because each and everyone of us is different -for example some of us think differently; were raised differently; have different beliefs, values and traditions; ...and the list goes on and on and on...

But how different can things be in the same house-hold?
...it can be quite different.

By the time my oldest turned 5 yrs. old; my lifestyle, my education level, my surroundings, and much more was entirely at a completely different level then when my youngest turned 5 yrs old. Which means my youngest's first five (5) years of life was entirely different then what my oldest experienced in her first five years. Also being the eldest or youngest of a family has its own 'journey'.

Other factors to take into account: generational differences; sex differences; mental capabilities; physical capabilities; coping capabilities; etc...
...and so yes - life can be quite different even if you were raised in the same house-hold.

Meaning: You are different - no matter what you think. You're not anyone else but you.
Which also means that "other people" are different also.
Even if 'other' people were to be treated the exact same way - everyone's outcome would be different.

"Be the Change you want to see in the world." - unknown

Be You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Hanging Picture Frames and Framed Art

To See Visual Examples and Explore more options, visit my one of my Pinterest boards:  http://pinterest.com/tammymathieu   General Hang...