9/10/2010

Creating Abundance - Are you controlling your life or are you submitting to it?

I just finished viewing Steve Pavlina's Creating Abundance video blog (4 part series). What are my reactions? Well first off I think that in general if you project confidence in anything then the world is at your feet.

I know that for some it's easier said then done however is it really? Or are they just choosing the easy road and choosing not to make the necessary efforts? Heck who am I anyways...

I'm a middle-class worker who is choosing to change my life and my lifestyle for the best. I choose to live consciously. I understand that the mind is a powerful tool and that we are programmed and conditioned to think and live certain ways since that's just the way things are.

I don't have a teacher's degree however I teach in a Community College. Whenever people find this out they immediately say to me (or at least their eyes speak it to me very clearly): "What gives you the right to teach in a College, you're not qualified? It's probably not an accredited course, right?"

Well indeed it is - and who would you better learn from, someone who's read about something or from someone who's lived it? And if I wasn't good enough then why would the College coordinators allow me to teach?

I had to step outside the norm and out of my comfort zone to get to this point. I still work full-time and now teach every Fall semester too. Does it scare me? Of course it does, but that's why I do it. Stepping out of that comfort zone is what breaks the mold. Otherwise you are conditioned to what's around you.

What you know now is what got you where you are, now what? What's your next steps? Are you ready to live outside your norm, to leave that security nest and to shake things up? Submitting yourself to your fears, to your guilt, to your thoughts aren't going to get you anywhere else then where you are already.

Be the change -

Here is Steve Pavlina' Part I video, you can access the other 3 parts via the side menu and simply choose to view the next videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Hanging Picture Frames and Framed Art

To See Visual Examples and Explore more options, visit my one of my Pinterest boards:  http://pinterest.com/tammymathieu   General Hang...