6/12/2013

Discover Your Passion!

Wow when looking at back at how long its been since I really started thinking about my passions; defining them; and setting purpose & clarity - it's been a LONG time, years already!

I have discovered that many-a-times my passion focus sometimes shifts depending on how I feel.
Which only reaffirms the ever so popular saying:

Photo Source: http://magnificentquotes.tumblr.com/post/15042283052/life-quotes

23 Keep your heart with all vigilance,
    for from it flow the springs of life.
24 Put away from you crooked speech,
    and put devious talk far from you.
25 Let your eyes look directly forward,
    and your gaze be straight before you.
26 Ponder[a] the path of your feet;
    then all your ways will be sure.
27 Do not swerve to the right or to the left;
    turn your foot away from evil.

a.k.a. simplified version of Proverb 4:23 means, 
"Be very careful about what you think.
Your thoughts run your life."  



Sometimes what I think about, read about, watch on T.V., or learn about online, etc... affects my 'mood' and thus influences my thinking and... in the end, ends up interfering with my True Passion (Purpose).

If you've already discovered your passion and have put it into practice then Congratulations! You sense of fulfillment and joy in being able to live your passion must be reflected in your wonderful work that you do!

However if you're still looking, searching, wondering about "What is your passion?" or if you kind-of get a sense that you know but now are wondering "What am I supposed to do now?" - no worries, you're not alone!

Millions of people live their everyday lives not getting that "sense of fulfillment & joy" in their daily activities or chosen career paths ...But that doesn't mean all hope is lost! Reclaiming your purpose and its chosen path can be a change you choose to make; it's a choice you alone need to take.

Making changes in your life don't necessarily need to be drastic and life-altering; sometimes just looking at things differently can make all the difference! You don't need to quit your job; leave your relationship; jump off the boat to make things happen... For some, yes - some of these drastic changes are needed; however for the majority of us, small changes are all that's needed!

Remember: "Understanding and Learning about yourself & who you truly are are key elements in establishing your true-connection." ~ Tammy Mathieu

Here are a few tips, questions, and quotes to get you started... thinking!

QUOTES:

"Working at a job to build your resume is like withholding sex till you retire." ~ Warren Buffet
Find work in something you are passionate about; live your passion everyday and enjoy it! Why wait till you retire to do what you love - choose to live it, do it as part of your career. And if it can't be part of your career, have your 'job' somehow jump-start your off-work passion. This way your purpose is to keep 'working' to fuel your passion!

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." ~ Jim Rohn
Choose your surrounds (and friends) wisely. You are worth it. How can you grow and evolve if everyone around you is at a lower or same-level as you are. 
You probably won't keep climbing the stairs or continuing on your journey if the ones around you aren't challenged or motivated in the "same" way/things you are. Thus leaving you with a sense of guilt, which probably keeps all of you in the same spot. Shake things up & change things!

"First they IGNORE you,
then they LAUGH at you,
then they FIGHT you,
then you WIN." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
If no one stood out, everything would be the same. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution - let go of judgement, and embrace change. Sometimes letting go of what was and what is...  allows for what could be to come.
And remember, not everyone will always agree - and it's not your job to defend, but to understand. You won when you made the choice. 

"Become a self-expert. If you don't know what you're looking for you're never going to find it." ~ unknown
Do you know who you are? What you like / don't like? What are your unique strengths, values and experiences? If you're not clear about yourself - how do you expect anyone else to be?
Yes, you will find work/career/jobs... and do what others tell you to do. Although once you've become a self-expert, you'll then be the one telling people what you can do for them.

Here are a few links / quotes I found relating to "Discovering Your Passion":

Whether we choose to listen to our inner voice is up to us.
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/Caroline-Myss-on-How-to-Find-Your-Purpose-Video#ixzz2BlGzHHl0

This video's (interview) is about a Graphic Designer's transition to Photography HOWEVER it's underline message is more profound...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LxxFSU6doDo#!

Vocation doesn't come from a voice "out there" calling me to become something I'm not. It comes from a voice "in here" calling me to be the person I was born to be.
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/What-are-You-Meant-to-Be-Doing-Find-Your-Calling#ixzz23jLFRKw4

Questions to ask yourself:

WHAT IS IT YOU COULDN'T DO WITHOUT / LIVE WITHOUT DOING?
Discover that --> and then LIVE it!!

Fill-in the blanks: "When my life is ideal, I am ..." [try using a ___ing verb here; and use present tense].
Be as clear and precise as you can.
Focus on who you are and what means most to you.

When my life is ideal, I am enjoying complete financial freedom.
When my life is ideal, I am living in the home of my dreams.
When my life is ideal, I am exploring the world.
When my life is ideal, I am sharing my love and wealth.
When my life is ideal, I am creating beautiful art.
When my life is ideal, I am  relaxing and meditating daily.
When my life is ideal, I am welcoming people into my life and into my home.
When my life is ideal, I am playing with loved ones in my beautiful backyard.
When my life is ideal, I am openly connected at all levels with my spouse.
When my life is ideal, I am allowing myself to receive.
When my life is ideal, I am living for the now.
When my life is ideal, I am enjoying life with lots of health, energy, stamina, and vitality!
When my life is ideal, I am having fun in everything I do!
When my life is ideal, I am inspiring others to discover their passions.
When my life is ideal, I am living my passions!

The more you write them down the more some will seem to jump out at you! You'll also feel a deeper connection with some more than others... narrow down your list till you feel comfortable with a for-now Top 5!

Review your Top 5 and apply them as much as possible to your daily activities.
Every few months, do a self check-in to see if you Top 5 are still applicable... they may need a little word-smithing... or if you see yourself NOT living some of your chosen Top 5 Passions, ask yourself why?
Is it really something that still has meaning for you? Should it be in your Top 5? Maybe your list needs a review...

Also as you go-along your journey (daily life) maybe create yourself some "markers" for your Top 5 Passions to help encompass its true value/meaning.
Stay focused and clear. And try to be as positive as possible.
For example:

When my life is ideal, I am allowing myself to receive, accept and trust.
markers:
- I've let go of my past.
- I am accepted by everyone.
- I'm rejoice in giving and receiving.
- I love and am loved.

When my life is ideal, I am creating beautiful art.
markers:
- I express myself via "Art" (photography; poetry; music; sketching; painting).
- I take time to "smell the roses" and "view the sunset".
- I go with the flow.

When my life is ideal, I am enjoying complete financial Freedom.
markers:
- I am able to spend joyfully.
- I am financially abundant.
- I am living in my "house" by the water, in the countryside.
- I am "work-free".
- I am receiving money from various sources / external means.
- I am able to give and help others.
- I am able to travel the world and share with everyone my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Hanging Picture Frames and Framed Art

To See Visual Examples and Explore more options, visit my one of my Pinterest boards:  http://pinterest.com/tammymathieu   General Hang...